Date: 2015-05-22 19:12:49
About 3D Robotics:
We're North America's largest personal drone company, known for pioneering advanced and easy-to-use consumer drone technology, and for the Pixhawk, the world's most popular autopilot platform. We're also an all-around awesome, super exciting place to work. Help us define the next wave of flying machines! These products are totally changing the way we see our world, understand our environment, and get things done. THIS IS ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS HAPPENING ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW - JOIN US! ALL CAPS!
Yes, this is a position in a startup!
We're well funded, and we can pay you. But if the two main priorities in your life are inherent security and the ability to rely on things planned months ahead, please stop reading this now and do something else. If curiosity, resilience and clear sense of individual responsibility get you going, please continue reading. You'll find and we expect a sense of truthfulness (towards oneself, each other and reality, learned the hard way), being demanding (is this the best you can do?) as well as extensiveness (have fun really grasping things in their entirety).
In this role you'll have a lot of autonomy and control over how you execute on this project. You will own supply quality engineering from the time products are in development through final production. Also, you get to work on flying robots! What's not to love about that? We're one of the biggest drone manufacturers in the world and we're growing fast. We're setting up our supply chain for high quality consumer products at high volume using tier 1 contract manufacturers, whom you'll partner with daily.
* Own product quality
* Help to evaluate potential suppliers
* Understand current supplier readiness
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* A depth of understanding of quality engineering. For us this means at least 2+ years of Supplier Quality Engineering experience.
* The ability to evaluate product and production quality and work with the factory for improvement.
* The ability to work closely with our services team to understand customer product issues and work quickly to resolve them.
* Ability and willingness to travel internationally as needed.
Bonus Points For:
* 5+ years of experience in developing quality plans, designing test methods and gauges, validating test methods and gauges, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts required.
* Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base.
* Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles preferred.
* Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering.
* Ability to act on real-time market quality data from our customer service team and quickly drive improvements in our factories in Asia
* Ability to produce quality plans and work with our suppliers to roll them in
* BSME, or similar. MBA is a +.
Why you should work here:
* We'll trust you to do things right.
* You'd be getting in early in a company going through a massive inflection point.
* You'll feel satisfied that you're creating something that people love.
* We are working on something awesome! Join us!
* We'll pay you a competitive salary plus equity, along with all the traditional benefits and some not-so-traditional ones, like a vacation policy that's on the honor system.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, visit: http://www.thesourcery.com/jobs/952/applications/new
This feature is only available to registered users. Click here to register.
If you are already registered member, sign in.